GOSOF 'SMD' version
Gottlieb Soundboard on FPGA
Note: at the moment ( Mai 2021) there is a general shortage of Altera FPGA chips. Until the Cyclone IV chip I'm using here is back in stock at JLCPCB you cannot order preassembled boards at JLCPCB!
- emulation of ALL System1 soundboards
- emulation of ALL System80 & 80A soundboards (including speech)
- emulation of early System80B soundboards (see list below)
- speech capabilities without the 'rare' SC-01 speech chip
- 5Volt only, no additional powersupply needed
- easy update of software via 'USB Blaster'
The speech is generated via a cheap MP3 player device, giving the opportunity to change the speech easily.
- micro SD shield is foreseen for future extensions and not needed with current software
- DFplayer and SD card is only needed for games with speech
- the components in the section on the upper left (SYS1 only) are not needed for system80 games
how to order your Gosof PCB
Have a look to the PCB documentation section.
Needed Gerber Data, BOM and Component Placement List (CPL) you find below.
devices supportedFor each 'set' of devices you need a different image for the FPGA ( .jic file)
See below a list of soundcards with their corresponding image
More images will be added over time!
Totem - Hulk - Genie - Buck Rogers
Torch - Roller Disco - Asteroid Annie
Panthera - Spiderman - Circus - CounterForce - StarRace -James Bond - Time Line - Force II - Pink Panther - Eclipse
"export" versions of Volcano - Black Hole - Devil's Dare
Image1 : Mars - Volcano - Black Hole - Devil's Dare
Image2 : Rocky - Striker - Q*Bert's Quest - Caveman
Image 1: Haunted House - Spirit - Krull
Image 2: Goin'Nuts - Super Orbit - Royal Flush Deluxe
Amazon Hunt - Rack'Em Up - Ready... Aim... Fire! - Jacks to Open - Touchdown - Alien Star - The Games - El Dorado City of Gold - Ice Fever
Bounty Hunter - Chicago Triple Play - Tag Team Pinball